How well do your team members understand their strengths and blind spots? How willing are they to give and receive positive and constructive feedback? How skilled are they at navigating disagreement and fostering collaboration?
These skills are necessary to build interpersonal trust and work effectively as a team. Excelling in them requires intentional learning and practice.
Our Connection-Driven Leadership Certificate empowers up-and-coming leaders to harness their greatest strengths, identify strategic areas for improvement and communicate more effectively, enabling them to build stronger relationships and improve the performance of their teams.
Help your managers build the skills they need to become extraordinary leaders.
MentorU is a certified Canadian post-secondary institution and a Government of Canada approved ProServices vendor. Our programs are eligible for funding through the Canadian Ontario Job Grant. Ask us how.
"We were extremely pleased with Jay. He brought the optimal mix of humour, personal experience and knowledge to help us identify our strengths on an individual and team level. He was very professional but also down-to-earth which made the team feel comfortable in opening up and sharing their experiences and opinions."
~ Louise, Director General, Government of Canada
We specialize in:
- Relationship building skills
Connection-Driven Leadership Programs
Fundamentals of Connection
- 18 hours of live, immersive group coaching
- 3 hours of self-directed online learning
- All modules from Fundamentals program (18 hours live, 3 hours self-directed)
- Add a customized list of modules from our course list that fit your needs
Connection-Driven Leader Certificate
- 48 hours of live, immersive group coaching
- 10 hours of self-directed online learning
The benefits to your team
Participants of our Connection-Driven Leadership programs return to their teams energized and optimistic, equipped with important knowledge and advanced communication skills.
This program will enable your team members to:
- Step into their role as a leader with confidence, curiosity and adaptability
- Confront difficult situations and interactions more effectively, with greater directness and empathy
- Build stronger trust with team members and clients more quickly
- Foster a culture of open-mindedness, continued learning and effective collaboration
Fundamentals of Connection includes:
Connection-Driven Leader certificate also includes:
Our educational model places the needs of our participants at the centre of our programming. We use a group coaching approach based in inquiry and exploration to engage our participants in learning that is relevant to them and that inspires them to push the limits of their comfort zone.
While we work with groups of all sizes, our greatest strength is the safe and inclusive environment we foster through open, meaningful and empathetic dialogue. Our clients and students consistently tell us that they have rarely experienced another environment that is at once supportive, challenging and meaningful.
Closed sessions: only members from your organization will be included in this course.
Location: in-person (when possible) or virtual live sessions are both available. Additional fees apply for in-person sessions booked at 3rd party locations.
Condensed or dispersed: depending on participants’ needs and availability, the live course hours can be completed in a condensed course (between two and 10 days, depending on the chosen program level) or a series of shorter sessions dispersed over a number of weeks.
Here are a few possibilities for the timing of the live components:
Fundamentals of Connection:
- 3-hour sessions once/ week over four weeks
- 3-hour sessions daily for 4 straight days
- 2-day intensive (6 hours/ day)
Connection-Driven Leader Certificate:
- 10-week program (one full day/ week)
- 2-day intensive fundamentals course + 8-week program (one full day/ week)
- 2-week intensive program (6 hours/ day for two work weeks)
At MentorU, we believe that effective leadership starts with meaningful interpersonal connections.
Our leadership model is centred around the necessary conditions for interpersonal trust: empathy, honesty and non-judgment.
First articulated by psychotherapy pioneer Carl Rogers, and subsequently adopted by psychologists the world over, these three conditions are equally important in the workplace. People and teams who create these conditions thrive personally and professionally.
While great leadership requires more than interpersonal trust, it is not possible to be a great leader without earning the interpersonal trust of your team members.