How well do your team members understand their strengths and blind spots? How willing are they to give and receive positive and constructive feedback? How skilled are they at navigating disagreement and fostering collaboration?
These skills are necessary to build interpersonal trust and work effectively as a team. Excelling in them requires intentional learning and practice.
Our Connection-Driven Leadership programs empower up-and-coming leaders to harness their greatest strengths, identify strategic areas for improvement and communicate more effectively, enabling them to build stronger relationships and improve the performance of their teams.
Help your staff build the skills they need to become extraordinary leaders.
MentorU is a certified Canadian post-secondary institution and a Government of Canada approved ProServices vendor. Our programs are eligible for funding through the Canadian Ontario Job Grant. Ask us how.
"We were extremely pleased with Jay. He brought the optimal mix of humour, personal experience and knowledge to help us identify our strengths on an individual and team level. He was very professional but also down-to-earth which made the team feel comfortable in opening up and sharing their experiences and opinions."
~ Louise, Director General, Government of Canada
We specialize in:
- Relationship building skills
Connection-Driven Leadership Programs
- 2 to 6 hour interactive workshops
- 12 to 18 hour skill building courses
- 29 hour comprehensive leadership skills certificate
The benefits to your team
Participants of our Connection-Driven Leadership programs return to their teams energized and optimistic, equipped with important knowledge and advanced communication skills.
This program will enable your team members to:
- Step into their role as a leader with confidence, curiosity and adaptability
- Confront difficult situations and interactions more effectively, with greater directness and empathy
- Build stronger trust with team members and clients more quickly
- Foster a culture of open-mindedness, continued learning and effective collaboration
Ignite workshops include:
- The 5 Characteristics of Effective Teamwork
- Building Trusting Teams: Empathy, Non-judgement and Authenticity
- Understanding and Adapting your Communication Style for Effective Collaboration
- Productive Disagreement
- Effective Feedback
- Employee Motivation
- The 4 Factors that Influence Resilience
- Appreciation in the Workplace
Inspire skill-building courses include:
- Effective Interpersonal Communication: Courage, Curiosity and Compassion
- Leadership Essentials
Integrate leadership certificate includes:
- Module 1: Sparking Connection
- Module 2: Connect with your Purpose
- Module 3: Connect with your People
- Module 4: Connect your Team
To read more about these topics and get a feel for the nature of our content, visit our online learning platform
Our educational model places the needs of our participants at the centre of our programming. We use a group coaching approach based in inquiry and exploration to engage our participants in learning that is relevant to them and that inspires them to push the limits of their comfort zone.
While we work with groups of all sizes, our greatest strength is the safe and inclusive environment we foster through open, meaningful and empathetic dialogue. Our clients and students consistently tell us that they have rarely experienced another environment that is at once supportive, challenging and meaningful.
Closed sessions: only members from your organization will be included in these courses.
Location: in-person (when possible) or virtual live sessions are both available. Additional fees apply for in-person sessions booked at 3rd party locations.
Condensed or dispersed: depending on participants’ needs and availability, the live course hours can be completed in a condensed format (between one and ten days, depending on the chosen program level) or a series of shorter sessions dispersed over a number of weeks or months.
At MentorU, we believe that effective leadership starts with meaningful interpersonal connections.
Our leadership model is centred around the necessary conditions for interpersonal trust: empathy, authenticity and non-judgement.
First articulated by psychotherapy pioneer Carl Rogers, and subsequently adopted by psychologists the world over, these three conditions are equally important in the workplace. People and teams who create these conditions thrive personally and professionally.
While great leadership requires more than interpersonal trust, it is not possible to be a great leader without earning the interpersonal trust of your team members.