We are pleased to announce the 8-course MentorU Parent Leadership Program, set to begin April 20, 2020. Register through the form below to develop meangingful relationships and skills through shared experience within our community of dedicated parents and facilitators.
Would you like to help your child(ren) aged 16-22 develop greater autonomy, communication skills and resilience? We would love to join you on a journey to thriving! Here is a bit about our program:
Healthy, purposeful lives are constructed by taking action in uncertainty, keeping an open mind to new and diverse opportunities and making decisions that align with our authentic interests, values and strengths.
Empower parents to effectively support their adolescent children in their transition into independent life as a healthy, purposeful adult.
Provide tools, support and create an environment within which parents can build skills to effectively support their adolescent children in developing autonomy, resilience and motivation.
- 8-week program
- 1 x 3-hour course per week
- Courses are held live, in a virtual format (Zoom video conferencing)
- Discussion-based group coaching model with facilitator to participant ratio of roughly 1:5
- Emphasis on contextualizing and applying theories/ research with current questions and challenges of participants
- Weekly newsletter subscription including relevant articles, modules and pre-session assignments
- Individual/ family coaching sessions also available (optional, additional fee applies)
DETAILS FOR OUR SPRING PROGRAM
Date: April 20-June 8, 2020.
Time: 7:00-10:00PM, Tuesday evenings.
Location: Online (Zoom video conferencing - login instructions to be sent to registrants in advance).
Cost: $800/person or $1400/ couple (HST exempt).
Deadline to register: April 13, 2020.
COURSE CONTENT OVERVIEW:
- Today’s Reality: Effective Strategies for Meaningful Education and Career Development
- The Four Factors for Developing Resilience
- Communication Styles: Understanding and Adapting to Others
- The Teenage Brain: Explaining Adolescent Behaviour and a Strategy to Support Healthy Development
- Career Interests: Aligning work Opportunities with Authentic Motivations
- Promoting Intrinsic Motivation
- Character Strengths: Your Personal Superpower
- Effective Feedback: Curiosity, Courage and Compassion
- Maintaining Perspective: Identifying and Challenging Irrational Thoughts
- Explanatory Style: an Indicator of Optimism
- Self-compassion: the Importance of Taking an Objective Perspective on Yourself
- Augmenting Connections or Isolating Individuals: how is Technology Affecting our Mental Health?
- How do others see you?
- Decision-Making: Less is More
- Practicing Gratitude: Enlightening Exercises
- Job search skills that Actually Matter