- Develop a deeper understanding of what you like, what you are good at and what you care about;
- Apply this newfound awareness to the "adult" world; and
- Build the skills and attitude to take effective next steps in your education, career and life journey.
Launch your Life today!
*MentorU is a certified Canadian post-secondary institution. Tuition fees are RESP-eligible, and can be claimed as tuition tax credits, reducing the effective cost to most students and families.
"I feel so much personal improvement from week to week and my views have generally changed. Overall, I feel like an improved human being.”
WHAT IS LIFE LAUNCH?
Life Launch is a 10-module career and life skills program. We offer three variations of the program:1) Facilitated Program for Groups
For organizations or groups (minimum of 5 participants) looking for a turn-key solution for their career and leadership programming.
For individuals looking to combine the digital modules with a trained professional to help them deepen their awareness and build an action plan.
For individuals looking to complete the digital modules at their own pace.
WHO IS IT MEANT FOR?Young adults aged 17-25 years old who are looking to build the knowledge and skills to better understand their authentic interests, values and strengths and build the skills to pursue purposeful lives with confidence. Specifically, Life Launch is geared toward the following groups:
- High school seniors
- Gap year or "victory lap" students
- Current university and college students
- Recent university and college grads
WHO ARE WE?MentorU’s network of mentors and coaches is extensive. Over 150 caring, successful and intelligent professionals contribute to our students’ success. While various networking and mentoring opportunities are available to our students through this community, we have hand-picked a small group of coaches for the Life Launch program. These coaches have passion and talent for helping young people fulfill their potential.
Public Speaking & Communications Consultant
Psychotherapist & Facilitator
Coach, Facilitator & Multidisciplinary Artist
Program coordinator & facilitator
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Our interactive, student-centred approach to education will help you develop the following:
- An understanding of what you like, what you care about and what you're good at
- Job search skills
- Interview skills
- Professional communication
HOW WE'RE DIFFERENT
When asked to describe what is different about our programming, our students consistently name three things:
- RELEVANT: We help our students build the knowledge and skills that are most important to them.
- ENGAGING: We use a discussion-based model to help students engage with the material and their peers in a meaningful way.
- INSPIRING: Our students are consistently inspired by our the courage, compassion and curiosity of our coaches and mentors.
"MentorU creates an environment like no other. It feels safe, supportive and always friendly. Personally, this is the type of environment I wish I could be in all the time, but I feel lucky enough to experience it once a week. It feels good to be my true, authentic self in a space where everyone else feels the same."
"I learned skills I didn’t even know you could learn and get really good at. This program really sets you up for success."
WHERE ARE WE?
Our headquarters are in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, but Life Launch is an interactive online program, and is available to students around the globe.
Far from the typical distance learning model, our small group, interactive approach leads to lots of meaningful and stimulating discussion and exploration.
*As a certified Canadian post-secondary institution, our tuition fees are RESP-eligible, and can be claimed as tuition tax credits.